Christmas at Fox Farm by Helen Pollard
Received from NetGalley on 01/09/2021
My review of Christmas at Fox Farm by Helen Pollard
Started reading on 10/09/2021 – Finished reading on 17/09/2021
Christmas at Fox Farm is a nice book But!…
When I saw the title, the cover and the descrption of Christmas at Fox Farm I had visions of a book version of the lovely Hallmark Christmas films that are shown on Christmas 24 and similar channels.
Unfortunately, Christmas at Fox Farm just didn’t live up to my expectations and I felt a bit cheated with how little Christmas was in the story 🙁
It’s a nice book, with nice characters but I started reading it expecting a Christmassy story which never really materialized.
Sorry, had it not looked so much like a real Chrismassy book I may have enjoyed it more and rated it higher, but the fact I felt cheated a little left me a little dissapointed
Reviewed by Terry Simmonds
At Fox Farm, the village has gathered to decorate the ten-foot tree and carol the night away. Robins dart across frosty hedgerows and holly bushes are covered with ruby-red berries. But this year they will need an extra pinch of festive magic to keep Christmas alive…
Living at Fox Farm, with its cosy café, beautiful pottery studio and charming gift shop, is a dream come true for thirty-one-year-old Daisy. The kindly owner, Jean, and the close-knit village feel like the home and family Daisy has never had. She’s been looking forward to her first magical Christmas in the countryside.
When Jean suddenly falls ill, Daisy is the first to lend a hand. She ropes in Alex – Jean’s handsome but stubborn nephew – to help her. When the pair discover the farm is almost bankrupt, it seems like the annual Christmas celebrations will be cancelled. Alex and Daisy need a plan, and quickly, if they are to pull off Christmas against the odds and save Fox Farm.
From the get-go Daisy and Alex cannot agree on anything, from the mince pie recipe to the colour scheme for the tree. Soon, however, in true Christmas spirit, they find themselves coming together in the face of decorating disasters, tripping over each other at the holiday barn dance and tracking down a missing Santa Claus.
But when Daisy discovers the secret Alex is keeping about the future of Jean’s farm, will she run from the only place that has ever felt like home? Or will she find a way to save Christmas and the farm, and open her heart to a new beginning for her and Alex?
Grab a mug of hot chocolate and a mince pie (or two!) and lose yourself in this utterly charming and romantic holiday tale that proves home is where the heart is. Perfect for fans of Sarah Morgan, Heidi Swain and Holly Martin, this is the book that will make your Christmas!
Christmas at Fox Farm
Romance | Women’s Fiction
Pub Date 29 Sep 2021
Latest Books Reviewed
- Winter at Cliff’s End Cottage by Sheila Norton
- Her Perfect Secret by T.J. Brearton
- The Girl in the Ground by Stacy Green
- We Live Next Door by Laura Wolfe
- The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly
- My Best Friend's Wedding by Tilly Tennant
- The Mistletoe Pact by Jo Lovett
- The Replacement by Melanie Golding
- The Weekend Escape by Rakie Bennett
- Christmas at Fox Farm by Helen Pollard
- The Mother's Fault by Nicole Trope
- The Island House by Amanda Brittany
- The New Home by Chris Merritt
- A Narrow Door by Joanne Harris
- The Girl Upstairs by by Georgina Lees
- Nowhere to Hide by T.J. Brearton
- All Our Darkest Secrets by Martyn Ford
- The Perfect Ending by Rob Kaufman
- The Family Across the Street by Nicole Trope
- My Name is Jensen by Heidi Amsinck
- I’ll Be Seeing You by Rosie Archer