We Live Next Door by Laura Wolfe
Received from NetGalley on 25/10/2021
My review of We Live Next Door by Laura Wolfe
A good book but not memorable
I tend to write my reviews straight after finishing the book when they are fresh in my mind but unfortunately didn’t do this with We Live Next Door
I say unfortunately, as although I enjoyed the book it obviously wasn’t that memorable and I wouldn’t go out of my way to read others by the author.
I had seen it described as a suspense thriller with twists but the twists were a little far fetched and it was a little predictable
Nice book though so don’t let my review put you off, I had just finished a couple of books I really liked and a bit unfair to review We Live Next Door having just read those.
Reviewed by Terry Simmonds
You think you know the people next door… What if they know you better?
I always dreamed of moving back home to Ridgeview Pines, with its white fences and sloping lawns. I wish it had happened under different circumstances, but now I’m here I feel safe and ready for a fresh start with my little family.
The first thing I do every morning is pick up my phone and check The Neighbor List—our local message board. Maybe the people next door know a little too much about where their neighbors are and what they’re doing, but it’s safer that way, isn’t it? And my husband—he wouldn’t dare sneak behind my back with so many eyes watching.
Just when I’m beginning to relax, a woman I’ve known since I was small is found dead on the white tiles of her bathroom floor. I watch messages of condolence flood my screen. No one else suspects a thing.
But I know that among all these friendly people, watching out for one another, someone knows more than they’re sharing. And I wonder—how far back do they remember, and who’s next?
An utterly gripping psychological thriller that will keep you up all night. Perfect for fans of The Couple Next Door, The Woman in the Window and Behind Closed Doors.
We Live Next Door
Mystery & Thrillers
Pub Date 5 November 2021
Latest Books Reviewed
- Nine Lives by Peter Swanson
- Dark Horse by Gregg Hurwitz
- Take Your Breath Away by Linwood Barclay
- Winter at Cliff’s End Cottage by Sheila Norton
- Her Perfect Secret by T.J. Brearton
- The Girl in the Ground by Stacy Green
- We Live Next Door by Laura Wolfe
- The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly
- My Best Friend's Wedding by Tilly Tennant
- The Mistletoe Pact by Jo Lovett
- The Replacement by Melanie Golding
- The Weekend Escape by Rakie Bennett
- Christmas at Fox Farm by Helen Pollard
- The Mother's Fault by Nicole Trope
- The Island House by Amanda Brittany
- The New Home by Chris Merritt
- A Narrow Door by Joanne Harris
- The Girl Upstairs by by Georgina Lees
- Nowhere to Hide by T.J. Brearton
- All Our Darkest Secrets by Martyn Ford
- The Perfect Ending by Rob Kaufman
- The Family Across the Street by Nicole Trope
- My Name is Jensen by Heidi Amsinck
- I’ll Be Seeing You by Rosie Archer