My Best Friend’s Wedding by Tilly Tennant
Received from NetGalley on 4/10/2021
My Review of My Best Friend’s Wedding by Tilly Tennant
A nice book – Not great, not bad, just nice
A nice book, but not particularly very memorable and I wouldn’t go out of my way to find other books by the author.
It has the best friend, the Christmas wedding, the ex boyfriend, the dashing stranger, the 3 young relatives, the remote wedding venue
They all get snowed in after the wedding, suffer a power cut and have to make their own entertainment but I didn’t really like the storyline.
Having read previous reviews I was expecting a heart warming RomCom, but it had little romance, zero comedy and I got none of the heart warming feeling I was hoping for.
Reviewed by Terry Simmonds
Falling snow, sparkling champagne and an ex that Libby would rather forget…
Everything was in place for Libby’s own wedding day – the ancient church with roses around the door, the frothy white wedding dress of her dreams… That is until her Mr Right, Rufus, turned out to be Mr Wrong and dumped her out of the blue. For her cousin.
Six months later, Libby is the chief bridesmaid for her best friend Willow in a Christmas Eve wedding at stately home Lovage Hall. Despite having to wear an enormous fuchsia dress, Libby knows she has to look her best, as the wedding is the first time she will see Rufus again…
As the guests sip champagne at the beautiful reception, and Libby does her best to avoid her ex, the snow outside falls faster and faster, making it impossible for the guests to leave. Snowed in at Lovage Hall, Libby is charmed by American Noah with his dark cropped hair and dimpled cheeks, and the two of them share their dreams and a very passionate kiss.
But when the morning comes, and the snow melts, a shocking revelation about Noah comes to light and Rufus reveals a devastating secret. Can Libby trust her heart to make the right decision for her own happy ending?
My Best Friend’s Wedding
Romance | Women’s Fiction
Pub Date 8 October 2021
Latest Books Reviewed
- Nine Lives by Peter Swanson
- Dark Horse by Gregg Hurwitz
- Take Your Breath Away by Linwood Barclay
- Winter at Cliff’s End Cottage by Sheila Norton
- Her Perfect Secret by T.J. Brearton
- The Girl in the Ground by Stacy Green
- We Live Next Door by Laura Wolfe
- The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly
- My Best Friend's Wedding by Tilly Tennant
- The Mistletoe Pact by Jo Lovett
- The Replacement by Melanie Golding
- The Weekend Escape by Rakie Bennett
- Christmas at Fox Farm by Helen Pollard
- The Mother's Fault by Nicole Trope
- The Island House by Amanda Brittany
- The New Home by Chris Merritt
- A Narrow Door by Joanne Harris
- The Girl Upstairs by by Georgina Lees
- Nowhere to Hide by T.J. Brearton
- All Our Darkest Secrets by Martyn Ford
- The Perfect Ending by Rob Kaufman
- The Family Across the Street by Nicole Trope
- My Name is Jensen by Heidi Amsinck
- I’ll Be Seeing You by Rosie Archer