The Island House by Amanda Brittany
Received from NetGalley on 10/08/2021
My review of The Island House by Amanda Brittany
Hard to put down, intriguing book with nice little twists.
Both exciting and a little creepy at times and a book you have to pay attention to as it flicks backwards and forwards in time to 2 or is that 3 generations?
Reviewed by Terry Simmonds
A DARK FAMILY SECRET
When Alice’s father dies after a tragic hit and run, his death stirs up unanswered questions about her childhood. Who was her mother, why did her father never speak of the past, and why can’t she remember anything before the age of seven?
AN ISLAND CUT OFF
But when she receives an anonymous letter containing a photograph of a refurbished gothic guesthouse surrounded by water, and an invitation to stay, old memories fight to resurface.
Alice has visited before. She is certain of it.
WHO WILL SURVIVE?
Convinced the clues to her past lie at the hotel, she checks in. But once on the island, a wild storm rages, waves crash violently into the rocks, and the house is cut off by the roaring sea.
Then two guests are found dead. And the hotel owner is missing. Will Alice ever uncover her secret past?
And will anyone leave the island alive?
The Island House
HQ, HQ Digital
General Fiction (Adult) | Mystery & Thrillers
Pub Date 11 Aug 2021 – Paperback 14th October 2021
Latest Books Reviewed
- Nine Lives by Peter Swanson
- Dark Horse by Gregg Hurwitz
- Take Your Breath Away by Linwood Barclay
- Winter at Cliff’s End Cottage by Sheila Norton
- Her Perfect Secret by T.J. Brearton
- The Girl in the Ground by Stacy Green
- We Live Next Door by Laura Wolfe
- The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly
- My Best Friend's Wedding by Tilly Tennant
- The Mistletoe Pact by Jo Lovett
- The Replacement by Melanie Golding
- The Weekend Escape by Rakie Bennett
- Christmas at Fox Farm by Helen Pollard
- The Mother's Fault by Nicole Trope
- The Island House by Amanda Brittany
- The New Home by Chris Merritt
- A Narrow Door by Joanne Harris
- The Girl Upstairs by by Georgina Lees
- Nowhere to Hide by T.J. Brearton
- All Our Darkest Secrets by Martyn Ford
- The Perfect Ending by Rob Kaufman
- The Family Across the Street by Nicole Trope
- My Name is Jensen by Heidi Amsinck
- I’ll Be Seeing You by Rosie Archer